Apr 10, 2012

a word to my friends

If we're friends, there's a chance you might hear this as it applies to your life. It's not something I copied and pasted - it's written from my heart to yours.

Simply put, be careful. When your life feels like darkness, you may mistake a grey-option for a colorful one. Keep in mind, that option is still very much grey - and while on some level you know this, your eyes have stared into what feels like a black hole long enough that even what is dull seems like Light... especially if you keep telling yourself it is.


You'll tell yourself that grey mush is a yellow smiley face.

So again, be careful. The knight in shining armor may actually be a court jester who will use you for a laugh. The woman who makes you feel good by agreeing with your perspective on life may keep you from hearing what you need to hear most. Your new BFF may set off some TNT when your IQ doesn't sense it coming.

Sure... maybe none of that will happen.

But then again, there's a reason I'm writing this. I know too many people who thought that counsel wasn't for them, yet ended up in a backward situation they never saw coming. So again, if we're friends... I'm not writing this to tell you I told you so. Instead, I'd like to catch you on the front end and help you see from the outside looking in what it may be hard to see with your nose that close to what you think you want. Write me a note if you're interested. I'm obviously not perfect, but I am your friend.
"And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light." (2 Corinthians 11:14)

No comments: