Mar 18, 2010

girls just wanna have fun

So... may I begin by saying  I JUST FELT MY LITTLE GIRL MOVE INSIDE HER MOMMY!

Yep - we are having a little girl, and I just felt her move.  Not bad for being 19.5 weeks old. :)



On Tuesday we had an ultrasound and were able to enjoy everything from seeing her move, kick, and even wave at us.

Seriously... she waved.  (I know it was her stretching her hand and all, but what I mean is that it was perfect timing and perfect resolution of how far she's been formed)

Unbelievable.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  (Psalm 139:13)

We've been shouting it from the rooftops for the past twenty-four hours, for we truly know this amazing girl is  blessing from God.  As we pray for her formation, we do so knowing that no child is perfect... but that she is perfect for us.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. (Psalm 139:15-16)

So let me answer a few quick questions before they're asked:
  • Do we have a name?
    Yes, we have a name... and no we're not telling.  :)  At least, not yet.

    But what we will say is that it is a name that is unique to this baby... not one we've been saving up from the past.  It's very cool, and we believe was as much of a gift from God as she is.

  • Are we planning on having any more?

    I always find this question odd, because it almost causes you to skip over the blessing of the moment.  But I understand why people ask it.

    The answer?  We haven't planned for any of our kids... nor did we have kids because it's the thing to do.  That doesn't mean we weren't intentional about trying, but rather that we began trying when we felt God lead us to do so.  So... that's up to however He wants to lead our family.  We've always been content with whomever was in our home, from no babies, to one baby, to two children, to our new third pre-born.

     
  • How are the boys with this news?

    I'm quite convinced that they are going to be the best big brothers out there... full of love, full of play, full of direction and guidance.  But if you could help us out by not pressing in on them about if they're nervous about Barbie Dolls being around or any of the other stereotypes, that would help.  We just want them to get to know their sister for who she is... thanks for your help in helping them figure out some of the transitions they're facing by simply giving them space.

  • Is this what you wanted?

    Absolutely!  Because like I said, we saw a very healthy baby waving at us even before we knew the gender.  We're praying that trend continues... and we firmly believe that whether it was a boy or a girl that he/she would be the best blessing to their generation he/she could be.
Thanks for journeying with us on this.  While many of you out there who read these things have known us personally, some of you are as connected to our lives even though we've only known each other from afar.  We beg you for your prayers and encouraging words as we've turned the corner into the second trimester!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdGT7Ssvakg

1 comment:

Dew of Hermon said...

Delighted to hear your news and trust that all will go well with His help and guiding hand.