Oct 18, 2005

NYWC: retrospective - critical concerns

The continuing retrospective of adventures involving Tanner (a.k.a. Scott), Scrammy (a.k.a. Brian), God (a.k.a. I AM), and me (a.k.a. I AM not) during our NYWC weekend.

Critical Concerns Course:

So... I didn't actually sign up for a Critical Concerns Course, but since I was there... well, I sort of eavesdropped outside the room.

Here's what I picked up from five minutes outside the WorshipTogether.com workshop, hosted by Vicky Beeching, Brenton Brown, and Johnny Parks - all seasoned worship leaders with a heart to equip the local church...


  • QUESTION FROM AUDIENCE: "I was wondering... what advice to you have for a new worshop leader?"

    • BB: Learn to play an instrument. (laughter) I mean it. Become really comfortable with it... play around at least ten minutes a day... find a few songs and learn them real well.

    • JP: Get in the car... go for a drive... go for a walk for a half a day... bring your journal... and write out your thoughts. It allows you to think through what's going on in you and also gives you a point of reference...

    • VB: Find a mentor... someone to lead you in the things they've learned to be true.

Hmm... good advice for anyone who follows Jesus Christ, eh?

No comments: