Nov 18, 2009

tonyology

It's been a while since I filled out one of these "get to know me" surveys, so I hope this in some way answers questions you never thought about asking me.

Feel free to respond back with your answers. Or... you can just laugh at mine.

***********FOODOLOGY***************
1. What is your salad dressing of choice?

Ranch

2. What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
Too hard a question - a toss up between Gino's East and Mongolian BBQ.

3. What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of?
Chinese.

4. What are your pizza toppings of choice?
If it's Gino's East, we're talking the high rise corn bread crust with the sausage patty style that layers the entire thing... I call it the "cholesterol lovers."

5.What do you like to put on your toast?
Whatever looks like butter in our house but is actually healthier.

***********TECHNOLOGY***************
1. How many televisions are in your house?
Four - two for home entertainment, one is for school for the boys, and one for work.

2. What color cell phone do you have? Black

3. Have any idea how many Megahertz your computer has? No, but I know a handful of guys who do... and that's what really matters.

***************BIOLOGY****************** 1. Are you right-handed or left-handed? Right

2. Have you ever had anything removed from your body? Yes... it's called a sliver.

3. What is the last heavy item you lifted? My Total Gym exercise equipment when I brought it to service last week as a sermon illustration.

4. Have you ever been knocked unconscious? No, but I have passed out (for non-alcoholic reasons).

************BULLOLOGY************** 1. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? Yes, assuming Jesus doesn't come back first.

2. If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Tony Bon Jovi

3. Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? If my health insurance covered the consequences.

************DUMBOLOGY****************** 1. How many pairs of flip flops do you own? One, but they are cool Nike style.

2. Last time you had a run-in with the cops?
On the bad side, not counting a traffic ticket several years back, that would be in high school... I was caught forging medical slips for my friends to get out of gym class. On the good side, when I brought them cookies over the summer with my family.

3. Last person you talked to? Katie, my bride

4. Last person you hugged? Katie, my bride

**************FAVORITOLOGY
**************** 1. Season? Summer

2. Holiday? Christmas

3. Day of the week? Tuesday

4. Month? July

***********CURRENTOLOGY***
************** 1. Missing someone? Not by death, but by their choice to avoid me rather than resolve conflict.

2. Mood? "Almost in sync"

3. What are you listening to? Songs I have in my mp3 library that I've skipped over.

4. Watching? New shows I've recorded and have yet to catch up on, as well as TV shows I'm screening for my boys to be sure it's not full of junk humor.

***************RANDOMOLOGY***************** 1. First place you went this morning? To put the dog out, who won't stop whining.

2. What's the last movie you saw? Theater: Astro Boy
DVD: Ice Age 3

3. Do you smile often?
Yes, usually because my family cracks me up.

***************OTHER-OLOGY***************** 1. Do you always answer your phone? Usually... but not if I'm prioritizing family when it goes off. And as much as possible, I intentionally don't look at the caller ID.

2. It's four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it? Brandon Benfield.

3. If you could change your eye color what would it be? Always thought it would be fun to have blue eyes, but I like my browns.

4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? I liked the Mango Limeade a couple weeks ago, but believe the Watermelon/Strawberry Smoothie trumped it.

5. Do you own a digital camera? Yes - I used to use it more when I worked for a great metropolitan newspaper, though. Even took a "front pager" back in the day.

6. Have you ever had a pet fish? Not for very long - like a carnival fish that lasted for a day.

7. Favorite Christmas song(s): Hallelujah - instrumental rock version

8. What's on your wish list for your birthday? Time with my family... and a Gino's East pizza.

9. Can you do push ups? Yep, especially if it involves eating the orange sherbet kind.

10. Can you do a chin up? Yep... "a" chin up.

11. Does the future make you more nervous or excited? Both, because I know what's coming and because I know what's coming after that.

12. Do you have any saved texts? Yes... many because of sentimental reasons, several because of many things I'm multi-tasking, and a few because I unfortunately need to protect myself.

13. Ever been in a car wreck? A few - seatbelt saved me every time.

14. Do you have an accent? In one rural town I lived in, I was told I did. Then again, this was by people who pronounced "cement" as "see-ment." So you tell me.

15. What is the last song to make you cry? The instrumental music played under the last few scenes of "Marley and Me."

16. Plans tonight? Working for the church, investing into my family, and finishing several loose-end tasks (including finishing a book I'm writing and editing one I already finished). Speaking of which, why am I taking this quiz again?

17. Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom? Yep... and then I went even further.

18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday. Nothing. We didn't spend any money yesterday.

19. Have you ever been given roses? Once, to wear at a wedding.

20. Current worry? I worry for others who are worrying instead of finding faith... odd, eh?

21. Current hate right now? Limited resources.

22. Met someone who changed your life? Everyone whom I've ever met... yes.

23. How will you bring in the New Year? With the family.

24. What song represents you? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3oHpup-pk

25. Name three people who might complete this questionnaire?
Um... no.

26. Would you go back in time if you were given the chance?
Yes... but only for a visit, to make a few investments into certain companies that start with "Micro" and end with "soft," and so on.

27. Have you ever dated someone longer than a year? Since I still am dating my wife, yes.

28. Will you be in a relationship 4 months from now? Since I still am dating my wife, yes.

29. Do you have any tattoos/piercings? No, but I once had an earring during the 90210 era that has left a hole. Darn that Jason Priestly!

30. Does anyone love you? Yes... without a doubt.

31. Ever had someone sing to you? All the time.

32. When did you last cry? After a friend shared about a possible divorce happening in their household.

33. Do you like to cuddle? With my wife and kids, yeah.

34. Have you held hands with anyone today? Yes.

35. What kind of music did you listen to in elementary school? Whatever my parents had on... mostly 8-tracks of Kenny Rogers, the Blues Brothers, and Don Ho. Yeah... Don Ho.

36. Are most of the friends in your life new or old? All over the map.

37. Do you like pulpy orange juice? It is the best kind.

38. What is one thing people don't know about you but should?
If you don't do your part, I'll pick up the slack and burn out. So please do your part so that I can do my part. Besides, it's better that way.

No comments: