In the last nine minutes of 09.09.09, here is a quick list (if I can type it that fast) of nine things I did today:
- Woke up to my youngest son Daniel who whispered, "Daaaaddy... today's my first day of kindergarten."
- Hung out with my oldest son Joshua and watched him do third grade work self-sufficiently.
- Listened to a leadership conference in varying bites throughout the day - took some awesome notes.
- Started out working on my message for Sunday and ended up writing a bold challenge to my church family... that we would pony up on the important stuff and not play games with each other (which we generally don't, so hopefully it was well received).
- Celebrated the "first day of kindergarten" at Dairy Queen with the family.
- Worked on getting to know some new people to our church - via phone and email.
- Went with a buddy from Connection to pick up an item my wife found on Craig's list. It was an iron sharpening iron kind of time.
- Helped coach Daniel's soccer... I took a faith step forward and invited the head coach out to lunch tomorrow.
- Had a good chat with one of my neighbors about a rock band he's starting and has invited me to be a part of.