This past week in service, I shared some questions we should all wrestle with to make 2009 a year where we grow in our connection with God. I hope this list inspires you as much as I have been wrestling with it, too.
A 15-Question Spiritual Growth Plan for 2009:
- How will you grow in your love for God in a way that encompasses all of who you are and all of who He is?
- How will you grow in your love for the people you see everyday and care about their spiritual condition, whatever it is?
- In what area of your life do you most need to grow to be more like Jesus?
- Read Galatians 5 - which fruit of the Spirit needs most development in your life?
- What will you read in the Bible this year?
- What sections of Scripture will you memorize so you can “own” them?
- How will you deepen your prayers this year?
- What music will help you worship more?
- What books will you read and/or reread?
- With whom do you need to build or rebuild a relationship/friendship with this year?
- How will you maximize the teachings of this church – in person and online?
- What special events should you be a participant in? What values and activities do you need to become a point person in?
- What new practices of connecting with God do you need to develop?
- What resources do you have that you need to release back to the God who gave them to you?
- Who will hold you accountable?
Don't slip into spiritual apathy... take this on with me and some other brave men and women, and let's see if this world doesn't respond to some real-deal change from God to us to them.