So while you may be reading this with the hope of drawing something out of it, I'd like to present to you 14 inside jokes between my wife and I that you won't understand. Sure, you may be able to figure some of them out... but if you can get all 14 right I will send you $14 dollars.
Here's we go:
- "Heh... forever, babe."
- "You're my Pastrami!" "You're my Swiss Cheese!"
- "My wife, Ardelia, made these stained glass olive wood key chains."
- "Yeah, Tony? Katie? A man is coming over later. So keep an eye out for the man."
- "I really like my job. It's good to stand on my own." "Be careful, because that could hurt her."
- "On ice?"
- "You broke the noodle!"
- "How can we make that more 'edgy?' Like 'edgy, edgy?'"
- "Did you know I grew up in Mexico? Come on, now. Circle the word 'the.'"
- "It's five cents cheaper in Allegan."
- "I so do not miss the boob light." (DISCLAIMER: Yeah, I wrote that. But it's nothing at all what you're thinking. Shame on you. Go have a quiet time.)
- "Thanks for watching."
- "You... you are Marchichelli!"
Have fun with those. In the meantime, my lady and I will be out making more laughter together.
I'd love for you to pray for future together... for our relationship with one another, protection from temptation, a fullness of life, significant ministry with one another, parenting of our boys, and side splitting fun with one another (the kind that the world doesn't always get but always seems to lean in to try to understand).
Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. (Genesis 2:22)
"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." This is a profound mystery. (Ephesians 5:31-32a)