Taking a cue from the challenge I just posted about, here are my prayers for 2008...
Dear God –
- Cause me to be uncomfortable with comfort.
- Create in me a love for those I say I love but don't show love to.
- Kick my tail when I think "someone else will do it."
- Deepen my understanding of You and my obedience to You.
- Help me to lead a person to You everyday, and then please do Your thing.
- Show me how to help Christians around me become fully-devoted disciples.
- Protect the relationships in my household with Your sticky bond of love.
- And (gulp) bless me and your Church in the new year according to our faithfulness to You!
As this plays out...
- May my heart become pure… that I might fall completely in love with my You.
- May my mind become redeemed… that I might become completely in tune with Truth.
- May my soul become navigational… that I might completely live out of a Divine overflow.
- May my body become healthier… that I might completely live out the fullness of my years.
For my wife…
- May her love for You deepen each day and contagiously bless others.
- May her mind be a place full of wisdom and wonder that supplies the words she speaks.
- May her worship of You be complete – from the everyday moments to the special ones.
- May her health increase in all the right ways as we enjoy growing old together.
For my boys…
- May their individual passions develop in ways that add to Your kingdom/world and their lives.
- May their thought lives be shaped by Your hand and Your hand alone.
- May their relationship with You remain powerfully innocent and ripple into their generation.
- May their physical lives be directed by their spiritual lives (and not vice-versa).
For Connection Church…
- May I be a servant-leader who is faithful to the tilt, inspiring the lead team to do the same.
- May you raise up more leaders who can take on roles that will help us fulfill Your vision.
- May new faces be celebrated, salvations occur daily, discipleship happen constantly, relationships deepen always, finances overflow regularly, volunteers be available constantly, and everyone fulfill their calling completely.
- May we more fully reveal what it means to BE the Church.
For the world…
- May Medina become a place where the next great spiritual awakening occurs.
- May Ohio become filled with new Christians and guided by seasoned ones.
- May America elect a President who listens to You, lives for You, and will follow Your ideals publicly and privately.
- May the world finally collide with heaven so that we can all see You face to face again.