Nov 17, 2006

nywc06: friday pm - pt. 2

Had a fun time hanging out with Marko (aka "Pancreas Boy" or the "President of YS"), Tom Atkinson (whom I just met), Scott, and Brian at a makeshift coffee shop that had some pretty savory hot chocolate. It was a lot of fun leaning into some issues I'm enjoying wrestling with, from the church at large and some of the paradigm shifts we all need to make to what it means to get back to the heart of youth ministry in light of where we happen to find ourselves today.

Even though the coffee shop got Marko's order wrong.

Then I went for a walk with Marko and had a chance to dig a little deeper into some stuff I have going on in my own life. The guy listened... really listened. I mean, do you know what it's like to have someone listen to you who has a lot of other things he could be doing at a convention he happens to be a major player in? And could that be said of me when I have a lot on my brain?

Anyway... that was a lot of fun.

But you should know what was even cooler was that on the way back from that walk I found a SMOOTHIE KING. If you're at the convention now and reading this, it is located on the top floor of the mall. Be sure to tell them I sent you... and try the Carribean Blast.


No comments: