Aug 29, 2006

double-dipping

Every once in a while high-pressure work becomes fun.

I had fun writing this (about some friends)...

and this (where I currently work).

Double-dipping? Yep.

Here's my theory:

- There are some things we can do well but don't like doing.

- There are some things we can't do well even though we like doing them.

- There are a few things that we do well and enjoy doing.

Whenever you can land in that third category it's a pretty sweet deal... especially when it helps out people you care about.

6 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

A timely thought for me... thanks (for doing well with your post).

David Moss said...

Sweet deal is right! I used to work as a physical therapist and felt I did it well and truly enjoyed doing it. Now I'm a stay at home dad with four kids. I love doing it....but that "doing it well" part is a little tough at times to figure out...but I wouldn't have it any other way!

tonymyles said...

Which is another good point... sometimes we enjoy the learning curve and sometimes we don't. :)

(Most of the time it has to do with the people we work with and the grace they allow us to learn)

Heather said...

Well said. I have experienced 1 and 2 and am hoping that I'm tapping into 3. Time will tell.

Tia said...

I agree, me on a horse is 2 :)

Doug's Deep Thoughts....or not so deep said...

test