Apr 28, 2006

the box step


We're MOVING this weekend... I'll be a bit busy.


Friday (today) we pick up my mom in Holland (where we currently live) off the train she'll hop on from Chicago (where I used to live). Then pack up our storage unit into two large trucks using any volunteers we can find/recruit. Saturday morning we unload in Portage, MI (where we are going to live) and unload a bunch of boxes via more friends/strangers we have found/recruited. At about 12:30pm we will leave everyone to set up our new home because I have a graduation ceremony for my Master's Degree to walk in Saturday evening... in mid-Indiana. Then we drive back in the late evening and put two sleeping boys into new bedrooms in a house unfamiliar to all of us. Sunday morning we spend looking around, unpacking and sorting and making several runs to Target for things like "rugs" and "blinds" and "industrial cleaner." Then Sunday night I drop my mom off at the train in Portage so that she can go back to Chicago.

And then Sunday night we all breathe... thankful for the whole weekend, everyone who helped, and the God behind it all.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds busy . . . . but fun, because it involves: graduation, moving, new, and a step of faith - how exciting

Anonymous said...

A day of CELEBRATION! If I lived closer I would be there to join in the FUN!

Don't get so caught up in "all of it" that you miss "all of it".

Looking forward to the Paul Harvey rest of the Myles story...

Bstermyster said...

Hi Tony. I just had a chance to catch up on your blog. I am really looking forward to hearing all about thriving church plant, it really isn't a matter of if, just a matter of when. I really have a feeling this will be successful for you.

Tommy said...

Where in central Indiana? I am in Grant County about an hour north of Indy.

Angels among us said...

Tony
I read your blog often - and possibly will be moving as well - from California to Michigan!

I am praying to see if God wants us to "box" up our stuff for Byron Center, MI. How far is Portage from there?

tonymyles said...

Hey Kevin -

We're about 35 minutes from there... very cool! Look me up if you come this way, bro.