Sep 9, 2005

Do-Over

I read something on another site that caught my eye... it was the classic concept of religion versus Christianity.

Human attempts at religion is spelled, 'D-O'. I do what I can-- but it's never enough...Christianity is spelled, 'D-O-N-E'. What Christ has already done for me that I must graciously accept.

It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery (Galatians 5:1)


Yes...

Christianity can be spelled "D-O-N-E."

Religion can be spelled "D-O."

But until more Christians start to "D-O" what Jesus "D-O-N-E" they will "U-N-D-O" what God has already "U-N-D-O-N-E."

Our good works may not save us, but they may help someone else get saved.


"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (John 13:34-35)

4 comments:

Royal said...

Now your talking....I think

bobbie said...

hey, thanks for your comments on my site. i really like this idea about undoing what god has already done - great thoughts!

Zeke said...

Unfortunately, the "D-O" of religion rarely involves what we are supposed to do, which is love one another--the one debt that we must leave outstanding, as we can never fulfill it to completion. It Churchianity, we DO attendance, we DO eloquent prayer, we DO political activism, but Churchianity doesn't involve love. It involves all the other stuff. It's when we're loving that we're BEING the church.

Nice blog, my friend.

tonymyles said...

<< My mission is the sub-mission. So, His will becomes the 'doing'. >>

This is a great insight! I love how you worded it!