Up late, keeping watch from afar over my sons and their friends as they sleep in a pop-up camper in the driveway. Just watched a cop car drive by.
Maybe it's just the time of the night, or maybe it's something more. But I love seeing things like this... silent protection over our lives in the form of teamwork. Things we're unaware of, until we become aware of them.
A lot of life is like this.
Sometimes you're protected without knowing it when someone who could do something doesn't... or when someone does do something they don't have to:
- Maybe they don't take seconds because you want thirds.
- Maybe they hold their tongue as you let yours fly.
- Maybe they take a financial hit so you have a running car.
- Maybe they remember a great past so they don't give you a black eye in the not-so-great present.
- Maybe they don't like what you've said even though everyone else has.
I wonder how often we're more in life together than we realize...
and not so far apart as we feel.
You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. "Selah" (Psalm 32:7)