Jul 29, 2011

my two ladies over my past two days



Yesterday I soaked up watching my little lady Johanna turning one-years old. She has her official party coming up this weekend, but we did a lot of family stuff this week - zoo, special cupcakes, presents from her brother, and more.



Then today I was able to enjoy an evening with my lovely, awesome wife as we celebrated 17 years of marriage. We tried some new food through a restaurant gift card we were given, and reminisced about what we often reminisce about on such occasions. Even more intriguing was to realize what we don't think about in this season of life that we once stressed over.

I share all of this because it is all by the hand of God that this is possible. I've certainly done my best to follow Him, but He has gifted me with these two ladies (and my incredible boys) not because I deserve them... because they are all out of my league. Rather, I think it has more to do with His crazy love for us to reach into imperfect possibilities and invite us into something greater than what we could come up with on our own.

The depth to which I have enjoyed these past two days has no words. Thank you, Lord.
Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! (2 Corinthians 9:15)

No comments: