Apr 17, 2011

perhaps addressing temptation is just this easy

Just before bed, Daniel (my seven-year old) walked over and handed me some soft discs for a gun that flings them across the room. He was about to address his responsibilities - pajamas, toothbrushing, and so on.



He asked, "Dad? Will you hold these so I wont be distracted by them?"

"Oh, sure," I said, realizing that's what a good dad does.

Only... I felt like I'd been smacked with a shovel.

I mean, why don't I do this more often with my Father?

No, seriously.

Ever notice how often we talk about how hard it is to not be distracted by the emotions and temptations in our life? Things that have greater appeal than what we're responsible for?

Perhaps addressing temptation is just this easy.

No, seriously.
"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." (1 Corinthians 10:13)

No comments: