Oct 28, 2010

I'm taking a break from Facebook


I'm taking a break from Facebook.

Not because it's evil, and not for reasons I'm going to go into right now. I'll explain more sometime later.

For those of you who know me well, you'll know this is a big break from my routine. I started my hiatus today and I've already "almost clicked" to visit Facebook several times. I'm used to using it as way to let the relational part of my brain breathe when the deep side needs a break.

I also enjoy how Facebook helps me to keep up with my friends and family a bit more throughout the week.  Sometimes it helps to have that little bit of information to stay in the mix.

But for the reasons I'm doing this, it's a trade-off I'm willing to endure.

You know... it feels good to intentionally upset the routine of my life.

No comments: