Oct 12, 2009

another perspective on divorce

I share this as a child of a divorce, and also as someone doing his best everyday to add to his spouse, marriage, and household.

Please...

don't look at divorce as an option.

I know it has happened to many who may read this.

But if it hasn't, and you're married, I ask you to be as committed to your spouse as you would to your flesh and blood kids. We often elevate them to a special kind of love where even if they get on our nerves all the time "we're not going anywhere" and are committed to work it out.

So please... commit that kind of love to your spouse, right now.

If you need a reason, I invite you to walk through this transparent offering...

which is "another perspective on divorce."

Click on the picture below.


http://postcardsfromsplitsville.com/index.html

3 comments:

debpoillon said...

Our church had date night and we watched the movie "FireProof" and that really was an eye-opener as to what God can do with a marriage on the rocks, if just One person commits themselves to forgiveness and loving their partner...

David Moss said...

Good thoughts and powerful images/words. I am also a child of divorce. My parents were married 26 years then divorced. I think of that often these days as I am in my 26th year of marriage and am continually amazed that God keeps blessing me in discovering new ways to love my wife and family....and to experience His love through them. I meet with a group of guys and so often the talk turns toward discontent in marriage and it seems like the thought pattern is always something like, "I don't know if this is right for me anymore." or "I'm not feeling the love." Those are dangerous places to begin that conversation.....and it is a crack that evil quickly places a pry bar into. Marriage is messy and full of the unexpected and the unknown. But as a couple you can know God - His love for each of you and His desire and ability to redeem, transform, heal, restore, renew, and make new both a 'good' marriage as well as a 'broken' one. Talk to the true lover of your soul....create new ways to serve/love your spouse/family....and remove divorce as an option and embrace the messiness - God certainly did. And He will be with you always...

tonymyles said...

Great perspectives... David, I applaud you for being at year 26 and looking for ways to continue to invest. That is so, so awesome and inspiring to many. Stay humble!