- The weekend that was: Had a hard Friday and Saturday, which pushed me behind for Sunday. But Sunday I stepped up and put some stuff out there that God dropped inside of me. Our band did a really cool thing by surrounding the room with guitars all over the place - a very creative concept we'll need to do again and perfect. Then the Super Bowl last night... actually, I slept through it. Watched most of it today, and yeah... someone already spoiled the ending.
- Where I am at the moment: On my couch, taking a short break from some heavy typing.
- On my to-do list this week: Connecting with lots of different folks, prep for Sunday's message, tons of writing, and free food at Denny's.
- Procrastinating about: Cleaning my office area.
- Book I’m in the midst of: "It" by Craig Groeschel, "Wide Awake" by Erwin McManus, "A Renegade's Guide To God" by David Foster, and... the one I'm writing.
- Music that seemed to catch my attention this past week: I saw Jason Mraz on Saturday Night Live and truly enjoyed their set. There's something about a group you've never heard of that can hold your interest.
- Next trip: We have a vacation planned next month... the first one in many years where we go away somewhere involving somewhere other than the mid-west.
- How I’m feeling about this week: Like a side of ranch dressing in need of some chicken.
Feb 2, 2009
I've done "a day in the life of me" kind of stuff before, but occasionally I'd like to just go through a light-hearted look at my day. I'm borrowing this particular list today from Marko, but here's my take: