Oct 31, 2008

nywc: inspirations from a hot dog


I've not seen a hot dog - not to mention so many hot dogs - of this size, ever in my life.

And it's "only $10."

I say that with quotes because there are times during a convention when you decide it's better to spend more money on food than you normally would because to find a restaurant and make it back in time for the next thing on your schedule would be too hectic. So you settle for a $10 hot dog that looks like a prop from the Flintstones.

Actually, I didn't do that... I went for a hike and found a sub at FERNANDO'S (I highly suggest you try them) for $3.99, used a drink I grabbed earlier from our guy stash, and ate some chips I scammed from the speaker's lounge. I was even waited on by a clown with vampire teeth... which you always want from a sub shop.

But I was tempted to but a big hot dog... really tempted.

Which sort of inspires me to think about the time in life that I'm tempted to take short cuts I know make no sense practically but seem really easy at the time.

Usually it's when I have a case of the BLAHS. When I'm:
  • Bored
  • Lonely
  • Angry
  • Hungry
  • Sleepy
Ever notice that in your life?

What's your $10 hot dog today?

No comments: