Dec 13, 2007

a day in the life of me: same planet, different worlds



Around 3:30am my wife and oldest son headed out
for a trip... a plane ride from Ohio to Seattle.



My son was on a plane when he was a baby,
but (thanks to camera phones) I got to see
his beaming face... the kiddo couldn't even
sleep because he was so geared up to fly.

Meanwhile...

I went back to bed and then woke up when my
youngest was ready to get up... and we hung out
a bit before eating some breakfast together.


You see, he and I had plans, too.



We went on an "adventure."



That means I didn't have a real plan or anything
(except for a picnic he came up with)
but simply was going to spend time with him
walking through the woods together.

So we did, and we had a ball.
We're hanging out the next few days together.
Although we miss my wife and oldest,
I'm digging the bonding.

2 comments:

Thurman8er said...

Oh man, that's great stuff.

I remember the first couple of times my wife left me ALONE with the kid. Trepidation would be an understatement.

Now, I kind of look forward to her busy weekends or out-of-town trips. Of course, my boy is six now and his toys are way cooler than they used to be.

Unknown said...

Dude you're a good dad - what a cool thing to do.