Oct 30, 2006

freederekwebb.com

Derek Webb is giving away his latest album for free. If you don't know his stuff, you should check it out... and if you do know his stuff, then you know it's worth the time to download it (including the freedom to legally burn as many copies as you'd like per his permission).

Taking very seriously his role as an artist and social advocate, Webb comments, “I need to tune my ears to hear what is going on in the world. I need to involve myself in what’s happening in the world, just as a human being, even if it’s hard or time consuming... my most recent record 'mockingbird' deals with many sensitive issues including poverty, war, and the basic ethics by which we live and deal with others. But I found that music has been an exceptional means by which to get this potentially difficult conversation going. And this is certainly an important moment for dialogue amongst people who disagree about how to best love and take care of people, to get into the nuances of the issues. ”

Here's the link: http://freederekwebb.com/pages/download.aspx

Don’t teach me about politics and government,
just tell me who to vote for
Don’t teach me about truth and beauty,
just label my music
Don’t teach me about moderation and liberty,
I prefer a shot of grape juice
Don’t teach me how to live like a free man,
just give me a new law
I don’t wanna know if the answers aren’t easy,
so just bring it down from the mountain to me
I want a new law
- "A New Law" by Derek Webb

No comments: