- Why ABC Family played "Risky Business" last month. If I recall that movie's content from back in the day, I'd think it to be an odd choice for a station with "family" in the title (even though "ABC" comes before it).
- Why when I get stopped at the train tracks it's not by a train going by fast, but by one that has chosen to stop on the tracks. Please explain to me why they do this there (versus on a spot that doesn't affect traffic). To top it off, most of the time they back up... like, "Oops - sorry! Shouldn't have taken that left at Albuquerque."
- Why the past few times I've gone to the post office to mail something in a padded envelope the guy or gal behind the counter asks, "Is there anything fragile in here?"
- Why people in front of me ordering something in the drive-thru think that if they use their hands and point to the menu when talking to the little speaker it will help the guy on the other end know what they are pointing at.
- Why the Amazing Race switched to an hour later without giving any reason.
- Why the cast of Lost not only gets an insane amount of money but they get to hang out in Hawaii to shoot the show... and I've never even been to Hawaii (unless you count the number of times I watched the Brady Bunch episodes where they visit the islands and hang out with Vincent Price).
- Why someone hasn't published a guidebook to the restaurants in town that do free things for your birthday.
- Why I would pay money for a guidebook that would help me find free things.
Mar 15, 2006
Continuing my previous post, I now submit yet even more things I don't get. Keep in mind, this is from my life... not from some Comedy Central special or forwarded e-mail.